Woocommerce Brands Extensions v1.5.0Last Updated on August 16, 2016
Woocommerce Brands Extensions v1.5.0 Download
Create, assign and list product brands
The brands extension for WooCommerce allows you to create brands for your shop; each brand can be named, described and assigned an image. Brands can then be:
- Listed, indexed, on a page using a special A-Z shortcode
- Displayed as thumbnails on a page using a shortcode
- Displayed in the sidebar using a widget
- Assigned to a product
- Used to filter products using a special layered nav widget
After assigning brands to products, the layered nav widget allows customers to filter products by brand. Also, since brands are a taxonomy, you can browse by brand. The archive template can optionally show the brand description, or you can use a widget instead.
A useful feature is the A-Z shortcode which lets you list your brands on their own page and makes finding brands easy:
*** Brands Changelog ***
2016.08.09 – version 1.5.0
* Tweak – Expose brands in the REST API.
* Tweak – Add responsive thumbnail images.
2016.08.01 – version 1.4.9
* Fix – Brand terms were not inline with brand label.
* Fix – PHP notice on brands edit page where it reference empty $columns variable.
2016.06.30 – version 1.4.8
* Fix – Wrong count of products within certain terms.
2016.06.23 – version 1.4.7
* Fix – Only filter out categories during a brand query.
2016.06.15 – version 1.4.6
* Fix – Layered Nav widget dropdown option not layering on top of categories.
* Fix – WC 2.6 compatibility issues.
* Tweak – Correctly show brands as singular context when only 1 brand is attached.
2016.03.21 – version 1.4.5
* Fix – Widget issue causing 404 when selected brand has pagination and selecting a second without.
* Fix – Admin product type filter dropdown missing.