Woocommerce Brands Extensions v1.3.3Last Updated on July 14, 2015
Woocommerce Brands Extensions v1.3.3 Download
Create, assign and list product brands
The brands extension for WooCommerce allows you to create brands for your shop; each brand can be named, described and assigned an image. Brands can then be:
- Listed, indexed, on a page using a special A-Z shortcode
- Displayed as thumbnails on a page using a shortcode
- Displayed in the sidebar using a widget
- Assigned to a product
- Used to filter products using a special layered nav widget
After assigning brands to products, the layered nav widget allows customers to filter products by brand. Also, since brands are a taxonomy, you can browse by brand. The archive template can optionally show the brand description, or you can use a widget instead.
A useful feature is the A-Z shortcode which lets you list your brands on their own page and makes finding brands easy:
*** Brands Changelog ***
2015.07.07 – version 1.3.3
* Enhancement – product_brand shortcode now shows all brands associated with a product
2015.06.30 – version 1.3.2
* Fix – Incompatibility with Points and Rewards.
2015.06.29 – version 1.3.1
* Tweak – Updated a more specific capability to access/manage brands taxonomy
2015.06.10 – version 1.3.0
* New – Enables the use of %product_brand% in the product permalinks.
* Fix – Ensures hide_empty works correctly in the brand thumbnails shortcode.
* Fix – Removes list styles from the brand thumbnails shortcode.
* Tweak – Adds a fluid_columns attribute to the brand thumbnails shortcode, to facilitate responsive design in themes.
* Tweak – Moves the Brands settings into a subtab under “Products”, in newer versions of WooCommerce.
* New – Enable filtering of coupons to apply only if selected brands are or aren’t in the cart.
* New – Adds a [product_brand_thumbnails_description] shortcode, to display the brand image as well as the brand description.
* Fix – Allows get_product_brands() to be called without requiring a post ID to be passed.